Written by UNO-R
Thursday, 22 March 2007 06:14
The College of Education aims to develop globally competent Catholic Christian educators and librarians who are physically, intellectually, morally, socially and emotionally prepared to fulfill their commitment to their profession, able to bring about a better life for the people, and open and responsive to the signs of the times. Specific Objective
- Produce competent BEED and BSED graduates who are equipped with knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed for effective and efficient teaching.
- Provide professional and technical training through the academic and non-academic requirements with the cooperation of the laboratory schools and other linkages.
- Instill upon future teachers the importance of religion and train them to become partners in evangelization.
- Provide training in research relevant to teacher education and other fields needed in effecting positive change in the society.
- Undertake sports and cultural activities to develop the student’s personality and make them confident in dealing with the members of the academic community (or with other members of the society).
- Work with government and non-government agencies through community immersion programs, sharing facilities and expertise in order to build a self-reliant and self-sufficient community
- Provide training in basic skills in administration and supervision both in elementary and high school.
(Programs with INTEL Teach Pre-Service Training and WorldLinks Web-Enhanced Learning Activities Training)
Bachelor of Elementary Education
General Education Curriculum
Early Childhood Education
Bachelor of Secondary Education
Supplemental's in Teaching
Professional Teacher Education Certificate (Supplemental's in Teaching)
Certificate in Early Childhood Education
Diploma in Special Education